Thursday, February 17, 2011

Robert's Port

Today Donovan Brendon and I went to Robert's Port, Liberia to check on supplies that a possible customer had delivered to their house for a solar instillation. The trip was about 90 miles, 26 of which were a dirt road, that was very very bumpy!!  The house is located on top of a hill overlooking the beach, a absolutely marvelous beach!  Today was a lot of fun, I was able to see a lot of Liberia (an eye opening experience) and was able to accomplish a lot of work around the house as well.

I am starting to realize how tough it is for the natives to live here. The villages we passed on our way to Robert's Port were hard to just pass by. The houses were nothing more than tree limbs tied together with palm roofs. The kids were so cute. Everyone that noticed us just smiled and pointed, I saw several yell "white man"  and a few even thought we were chinese. lol. I am really hoping that I will be able to visit/minister with these people over the next months. I pray that God may become evident to them if they do not already know him. If not through me through someone or something.

_Matt

 Village Hut.
 Dirt road to Robert's Port.
 Beach view from house we will be working on.

1 comment:

  1. What an opportunity for you Matt! I hear your heart for these people and I believe God will use you in so many ways to minister to those you come into contact with. All you have to be is willing and sounds like you are! Prayin for ya! Janelle

    ReplyDelete