Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday April 17, 2011

To All,

   I first off would like to apologize for the length of time between posts. I hope that some one has had enough faith in me to keep checking in, I promise to keep up with posting in the future! I just have trouble coming up with things to write about. If you know me at all you know I am not a huge "writer," lol.  I plan to try to get over this, so if some of my posts include selfish rambling or just obscure facts, please excuse them..  (:

   It has been so long since my last post, I am not sure what to write about, lol. I guess I can start with, there is a new Shank in the household!  Haydon James was brought home last Wednesday. He and mommy are doing very well. He is a precious child! (he is definitely taking after his uncle Matt  hehe).    It has been interesting to watch the youngest one's, Faithe and Gaylon, reactions to the new arrival. Lately Faithe has been herself, but when Haydon first came home she was very bummed because she really wanted a little sister.. lol.  Gaylon has been fun to watch ever since Haydon has come home. The transition from youngest to second youngest has seemed to have a little bit of an affect on him.  He is starting to realize he doesn't get the attention from his mommy like he used to, lol. In other news the other kids have been their hyper active selves.

   I am starting to get acclimated to the climate, I have been able to work outside longer and more often. The other day Brendon and I worked all day installing the first of three sets of solar panels at a worksite (pictures to come).  I also had quite an experience two weeks ago. I was sent out in the "bush" to inspect three sets of solar panels and vaccine fridges that were not working properly.  This trip consisted of about 600 miles of travel, 300 of which was on dirt roads (more so trails through the jungle). I was away for a total of four days and three nights. During these four days I had several unique encounters, including taking a shower in the middle of a field, eating some rice, chicken feet, and ver very hot peppers drenched in oil. The over all experience, however, was very beneficial. I learned a lot about Liberian customs and being immersed in the local "english dialect" was very helpful.

   That has been the extent of "exciting happenings" around here. Brendon, Donovan, and I have been working on finishing up the solar panel installations for a job that Brendon had started a few weeks before we arrived here. Once that job is done we hope that the contract is finalized and signed so that we can make some headway on the preliminary work for those jobs.

   Hope all is well back in the States, I miss everyone and think of you all a lot.

"Matthew 22:35-40"

_M

No comments:

Post a Comment